January 28, 2023 | Saturday, 10:00-11:00 a.m. CST, via Zoom (Sessions offered monthly, January through May. Days and times vary.)
Souljourners is a three-year spiritual formation program for the training of spiritual directors. If you are experiencing a call to spiritual renewal and at the same time want to learn the skills of discernment and deep listening to God, yourself, and others, let’s talk! In preparation for the 2023-2024 Souljourners Program, we are hosting the following inquiry sessions so you can learn more:
- January 28, 2023, Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. (Zoom)
- February 15, 2023, Wednesday, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. (on-site)
- March 16, 2023, Thursday, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (Zoom)
- April 22, 2023, Saturday, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. (on-site)
- May 16, 2023, Tuesday, 3:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. (Zoom)
These sessions will provide:
- An introduction to the Souljourners program
- An explanation of a spiritual direction session
- Time for questions and concerns
- Time for prayer and reflection on your call
- A tour of Sophia Center, where we host Souljourners weekend classes (on-site sessions only)
While these sessions are free, we ask that you register at least one week prior to the inquiry session you plan to attend. Persons attending via Zoom will receive an email message with a meeting link the day before the session. Please note that the application deadline to begin the next Souljourners class, which starts in the fall of 2023, is May 31, 2023. For any questions, please reach out directly to Mary Elizabeth Schweiger OSB at 913.426.7355.
S. Mary Elizabeth Schweiger, OSB, is a member of Mount St. Scholastica Monastery. She earned her master’s degree in Liturgy from St. John’s University in Collegeville, and in Christian Spirituality from Creighton University. S. Mary Liz worked in pastoral ministry for many years in the Kansas City area. She was subprioress of Mount St. Scholastica for 12 years and then joined the staff of Sophia Center in 2011; she is currently the Director of Souljourners. S. Mary Liz also serves on the Monastic Council, does spiritual direction, and offers retreats.