The Culinary Crew Member’s primary purpose is to be cross-trained in all positions and work in the position that is needed per departmental schedule. The Culinary Crew Member will be in accordance with current applicable Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, as well as in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the facility. The Culinary Crew Member has primary responsibility to cover any position that is needed which will include being on-call for the department.
Food Service Director
Food Service Supervisor
Primary Job Duties:
- Reviews menus prior to preparation of food and ensures that menu items are ready and available.
- Prepares meal in accordance with planned menus and ensures meals are palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Prepare the main entree using the recipe that is specified to use for that product. Any variance from this recipe is to be pre-approved by the FSD. Any substitutions are also to be approved.
- Prepares food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as facility established policies and procedures. Assists with daily and scheduled cleaning duties.
- Pots and pans are to be washed, rinsed and sanitized as per State regulations. All pots and pans are to be washed and put away before the end of your shift.
- Leftovers are to be stored and utilized as per food service policies. All items in each refrigerator are to be dated as when put into the refrigerator and as to what the item is. All items are to be used within seven days of date or discarded.
- Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Help in other areas of kitchen as needed.
- Keep all records assigned by the FSD/FSS.
- Assists in food preparation for special meals, etc.
- Any and all other duties assigned by the FSD/FSS.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner, following instructions for use of equipment and wearing or using required safety equipment.
- Assists in preparing meals that are palatable and appetizing in appearance on a timely basis.
- Serves meals in accordance with established portion control procedures and special diet instructions.
- Performs daily cleaning duties as instructed. Assures area is maintained in a clean and safe manner.
- Cleans necessary equipment.
- Sets the tables and have all of the special cups, silverware and/or plates ready for serving
- Assists in checking diet trays/meals before distribution.
- Delivers/serves meals, as instructed.
- Performs dish washing and cleaning procedures as assigned.
- Obtains food supplies for next meal. AM Kitchen Aid Prepares and delivers supplies to
- Kitchenettes (B & C Halls) as instructed.
- Prepares limited amounts of food as needed and handles all dietary equipment in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as established policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, following instructions for use of equipment and wearing or using required safety equipment and disposing of food and waste according to established policies.
- To check the dietary cardex against the diet order sheet to assure that the diet being served is the same as ordered by the physician.
- Make any changes in the cardex file menus and tray cards from the change form supplied by nursing, such as diet changes, room changes, new admits, etc.
- Responsible for typing, distributing and collecting menus, spread sheets, production schedules, substitution sheets and standardized recipes.
- Check floor requisition and paramount periodically and inform tray worker of discrepancies.
- To assure that specialty items are prepared for residents.
- To assure that the meals served to residents are corresponding to the diets that they are to receive.
- Prepares trays and serves meals to the residents both in the solarium and the monastery dining room one day every other week.
- Tally menus for trays and prepare production sheets to inform the Diet Cook and Salad/Dessert Person of the quantities of food that they need to prepare for the Dooley Center residents.
- Help in other areas of the kitchen as needed.
- Prior quantity food preparation experience is helpful.
- Must have adequate reading and math abilities to understand special diet menus/recipes/other food service procedures/instructions.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good understanding of modified diets is helpful.
- Must maintain confidentiality of resident information.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with other staff, residents, visitors, vendors, etc.
- Must be able to follow written instructions.
- Must be able to plan and organize schedule to accomplish optimal level of tasks.
- Must have the ability to learn operation of any and all equipment used in job performance according to safety guidelines.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment and appearance of work areas for regular inspection pertaining to sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies, etc. in excess of 50 pounds throughout the work day.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- May be required to work shifts other than the shift initially hired for.
- Must attend all training and education services as requested by the FSD/FSS.
- Must comply with Kansas Statute KSA 39-970 regarding Criminal Background review.
- Must be subject to warm/hot temperatures in kitchen work area and cold/freezing temperatures in food storage/coolers/freezer areas.
- Must understand and follow Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) instructions for use of cleaning supplies and other chemicals.
Efforts have been made to develop a complete job description; however, please be aware that the duties and requirements listed herein are not the only duties which you may be required to perform. The omissions of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from being assigned to you if the work is similar, related, a logical assignment to the position, or is necessary in an emergency situation.
I have read the attached job description and understand the requirements listed herein. I agree to follow the requirements set forth. I understand that my employment with this facility is at will and I or the facility may terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason.