Photo Gallery - Two Spring Celebrations of our Sesquicentennial
Maur Hill - Mount Academy celebration
On March 21, 2013, Maur Hill-Mount Academy invited the sisters to come celebrate our sesquicentennial with them.
Benedictine College Discovery Day Keynote Address
To celebrate their sesquicentennial, the Benedictine Sisters were invited to give the keynote address at Discovery Day at Benedictine College on April 17, 2013. Sister Anne Shepard shared a bit of our history as well as our hopes for the future involvement with Benedictine College. Sister Linda Herndon shared about the first year of Mount St. Scholastica College. Sister Thomasita Homan presented ways that we are involved in Benedictine College today and Sister Irene Nowell served as the moderator of the program. The biggest surprise was a flash mob organized by the sisters singing "Gaudemus." A homemade dove cookie and a copy of our sesquicentennial CD were given to each person in attendance.
- Presenters for the Benedictine College Discovery Day keynote presentation: Sisters Anne Shepard, Linda Herndon, Thomasita Homan, and Irene Nowell.
- Sister Rita Claire Judge, Jodi Hart, and Sister Cecilia Olson decorate dove cookies.
- The sisters hand out homemade dove cookies to all those in attendance at the Discovery Day keynote address.
- Maur Hill-Mount Academy students and faculty bless the sisters.
- A student hands out a candle for the Rose & Candle ceremony.
- Sister Susan Barber (left) accepts a rose from a Maur Hill-Mount Academy student.
- The Juniors give each of the sisters a rose to thank them for their years of service in Atchison.
- Sister Anne Shepard, Prioress, and Phil Baniewicz, President of Maur Hill-Mount Academy.