St. Cecilia's is the oldest building on the Mount campus.
Built in 1872 as a large family home, it was known as Price Villa. In 1877 the sisters purchased the building and moved from 2nd and Division. The building initially housed the monastery and an academy; later the music department of Mount St. Scholastica College, and then the Mount Conservatory of Music.
Following major renovations completed in 2010, the building now provides housing for our monastery guests and retreatants. The first floor serves a variety of purposes, continuing to provide some music lessons. It also contains a gallery of art created by our sisters over the years.
Plans are in process for a heritage room on the first floor of St. Cecilia's. Many interesting items from our community's history will be on display here.
- The oldest building on our monastery grounds.
- Spiral staircase in the main hall of St. Cecilia's.
- Art gallery displaying artistic works of our sisters.
- Music room
- Guest Room