Ordinary time in September 2015
We celebrated ordinary time in September with a mix of ordinary activities, such as baking rolls and repotting plants, and extraordinary activities, like getting tickets for a papal Mass and signing the "Nuns on the Bus" bus.
We hope you'll enjoy our photo gallery!
- Novice Jodi Hart, left, and Sister Marcia Ziska walked in a 5K that benefits Donnelly College in September.
- Our midnight cereus bloomed twice (!) in September.
- Sister Diana Seago signed the Nuns on the Bus bus in September.
- Sister Rose Marie Stallbaumer signed the Nuns on the Bus bus in September.
- Sister Linda Herndon signed the Nuns on the Bus bus in September.
- Apples anyone? Sisters Rita Claire Judge and Delores Dolezal peeled and sliced apples in September.
- Carolyn Y. Woo, president and CEO of Catholic Relief Services, spoke at Benedictine College as part of the Fellin Lecture Series sponsored by Mount St. Scholastica in September.
- Sister Philomene Glotzbach repotted a number of plants in September.
- Sister Marie Ballmann loaned African artwork, including this work, to Benedictine College for an art exhibit that opened in September.
- Sister Laura Haug visited the exhibition opening for an African artwork exhibit at Benedictine College in September.
- Sister Sheila Carroll prepared for a book study of Laura Hillenbrand's "Unbroken" in September.
- Sister Linda Zahner, far right, led a getaway for self renewal at the Sophia Center in September.
- Our Brazilian sisters shared this photo of the Jabuticaberia tree in their back yard that bears fruit on its bark.
- Sister Janelle Maes baked homemade dinner rolls one afternoon in September.
- One of Sister Benedicta Boland's regular tasks is keeping the salt and pepper shakers filled.
- Sister Alberta Hermann led a clay and fire retreat at the Sophia Center in September.
- Sister Judith Sutera led a plant-lovers retreat at Sophia Center in September.
- Novice Jodi Hart, left, and Sister Anne Shepard are pumped about their trip to see a Papal Mass in September.
- In September, we welcomed back our Benedictine College partners in prayer, and extended a blessing to them during evening prayer.
- In September we welcomed back our Partners in Prayer from Benedictine College, and blessed them during evening prayer.