Photos from March 2015
From bees to bishops, Anointing to advocacy March is a busy month
We've had a busy month at Mount St. Scholastica. Warmer weather brought an opportunity to check on the bees that help with garden pollination as well as a visit from Bishop Robert McElroy, the new Bishop of San Diego. We also had the Sacrament of Anointing, celebrated St. Patrick's Day and Sister Kathleen Egan's 100th birthday, and much, much more. Check out the photos to see our month.
- Sister Lou Whipple prepared to check on the bees on a warm day this month. (They're doing fine.)
- Three of our sisters headed to Topeka for a hearing on expanding Medicare in Kansas. From left, Sisters Dorothy Wolters, Mary Ann Dice and Rita Claire Judge.
- Sister Deborah Peters, left, and Sister Barbara Smith visited Ascension Catholic School in Overland Park to talk about vocations.
- Sister Barbara Smith, front row right, traveled to Honduras on a Water With Blessings mission trip.
- Sister Norma Honz was anointed during the Sacrament of Anointing March 15.
- Bishop Robert McElroy, the new Bishop of San Diego, stopped by to visit before being the keynote speaker for the Benedictine College Social Justice Week.
- Did you know Sister Frances Yarc is an artists? Here she is with one of her cosmos paintings.
- Sister Kathleen Egan, right, celebrated her 100th birthday. Here she opens cards with Sister Anne Shepard.
- Sister Mary Margaret Bunck was ready for St. Patrick's Day with shamrock bling.
- Sister Anne Shepard, left, and Sister Berlinda Gallegos were ready for St. Patrick's Day!