Photo Gallery: Early February 2014 at the Mount
9 February 2014
We hosted the Conference of Benedictine Prioresses from North America 30 January to 4 February. On 3 February, we had a special banquet for them at which time S. Anne Shepard presented Sister Michaela Hedican, prioress from St. Benedict's Monastery, St. Joseph, Minnesota, our founding monastery, with one of our special 150th jubilee medal of St. Scholastica. See a photo of this and several others of their visit.
On 4 February, we received 11" of snow (according to the National Weather Service) and our monastery grounds became a winter wonderland. We thought you might enjoy seeing this.
- S. Anne Shepard (right) and Sister Michaela Hedican, prioress from St. Benedict's Monastery, St. Joseph, MN.
- S. Ann Dietrich (left) and S. Patricia Crowley, prioress at Scholastica's, Chicago, IL.
- S. Mary Elizabeth Schweiger and S. M. Catherine Wenstrup (Covington, KY)
- S. Diana Seago (left) and S. Bernadine Reyes, Prioress of Benedictine Sisters of Bernie, TX.
- S. Kathleen Flanagan (center)
- S. Thomasita Homan (right) visiting with a prioress.
- Cleaning off a car.
- St. Scholatica chapel
- Our patio--with "tablecloths" of snow on the tables and snow "cushions" on the chairs.
- S. Elaine Fischer plowing the back parking lot after our 12" of snow on Feb. 4.
- St. Cecilia's front porch with stairs covered in snow.
- Our fountain in front of the monastery.
- Bushes in the patio with a covering of snow!