The Choir Chapel, built in 1900, is the heart of the monastic community. The community gathers several times daily in this chapel. The choir stalls face each other to facilitate the singing of the Liturgy of the Hours in choirs. Retreatants, college students, Atchison neighbors and other guests often join the community for prayer. The windows, designed by Emil Frei Studio in St. Louis, tell the story of St. Benedict and depict aspects of his Rule for the monastic life.
- Sts. Walburga, Hildegard, and Gertrude
- Last meeting of Sts. Benedict & Scholastica
- The cross on top of the Choir Chapel
- An exterior view in the spring
- The altar
- Choir stalls
- Statue of the Blessed Mother in what was a side altar niche
- Tabernacle in what was a side altar niche
- Sanctuary lamp above the tabernacle
- A rose window--added in the 1988 renovation
- One of the angels from the top of a window. The windows were designed and made by the Emil Frei studios of St. Louis, Mo.
- A close-up of the statue of the Blessed Mother as a young women before she was betrothed with long, curly hair and no veil.
- Example of the mosaic from a side altar niche.
- Another mosaic from the side altar niche
- Praying vespers