Human Resources Manager
Mount St. Scholastica, a Benedictine monastery of women located in Atchison, Kansas seeks a Human Resources professional to care for and serve our staff and leadership. Responsibilities include both the monastery (“The Mount”) and its licensed nursing home, Dooley Center.
The Mount is a group of women centered on community life, prayer, care for creation, and ministry. It is known for its peaceful atmosphere and hospitality to all guests, retreatants, and employees. Dooley Center is a Kansas licensed long term care facility and is home to many of the elderly members of Mount St. Scholastica. Located in a building attached to the monastery, Dooley exemplifies the Benedictine motto “Care of the sick must rank before all else”.
The successful candidate should have 3-5 years of progressive Human Resources experience and will be responsible for all HR functions including but not limited to the following:
1. Recruits personnel including placement of ads, receipt, and review of applications, applicant screening, and interviews, extends job offers and coordinates new employee orientation.
2. Completes all paperwork and maintains ongoing personnel files.
3. Administers employee benefit programs including enrollments, termination of benefits, and employee communications.
4. Assists in the development and maintenance of administrative documents including job descriptions, personnel policies, employee handbook, performance reviews, etc… and maintains confidentiality as appropriate.
5. Prepares and submits all payroll information to a third party payroll vendor (Ceridian) including employee group and retirement benefit information, pay increases, deductions, hours worked, and W-2 information.
6. Responsible for administration of Safety and Worker’s Compensation program.
7. Tracks employee attendance and absence management including leaves of absence.
8. Conducts training seminars as needed on a variety of topics including staff development.
9. Serves as a resource for employees and supervisory staff, explaining and interpreting personnel procedures and the implications of applicable laws and regulations. Processes all Personnel Action Requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with Community policies and procedures.
10. Provides background checks and drug screening for all employees.
11. Provides screening and orientation for all volunteers of Dooley Center.
12. Processes monthly sanction checks for Dooley Center employees.
13. Tracks current employee professional licenses and CNA registry verification.
Mount St. Scholastica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.