Sesquicentennial Celebration of the Feast of St. Scholastica
February 10, 2013
To celebrate the Feast of St. Scholastica during this sesquicentennial year, we invited women religious from the area as well as women religious who had attended Mount St. Scholastica College to join us for Mass and a buffet dinner. Archbishop Joseph Naumann joined us and was our presider for our Eucharist.
Here are some photos of the celebration.
- St. Scholastica Chapel is nearly filled for the celebration.
- Sister Maria Larkin (left) enjoys dinner with a guest.
- Sisters Jacinta (from St. Mary, PA, our "grandmother house"), Barbara Smith, John Paul (also from St.Mary), and Marie Louise Krenner.
- Sister Mary Mary Benedict Jacobs with Sister Diane Liston (from Benet Hill, Colorado Springs, Colorado, one of our daughterhouses)
- Sister Genevieve Robinson (standing) greets two of our guests.
- Sister Linda Zahner helps with the clean-up.
- Sister Anne Shepard welcomes our guests
- Sister Marcia Ziska and Archbishop Joseph Naumann
- Sisters Sharon Holthaus and Mary Ann Fessler
- Archbishop Joseph Naumann gets ready to enjoy the Vietnamese crab rangoon and egg rolls made by Sister Maria Nguyen to celebrate the Vietnamese New Year and our patronal feastday.
- Sister Elaine Fischer and Bridget Dickason dip ice cream to go with our dove cookies for dessert.
- Sister Paula Howard
- Sister Esther Fangman visits with Sister Glenna Smith, President of the Federation of St. Scholastica
- Father Pat Tobin joined his cousin Sister Bettina Tobin.